Friends, my words cannot convey what my heart carries as I announce to you that my book, The One Voice That Matters, is published. I’ve scrambled up the last few steps to the top of the mountain, and today I stand tall on this pinnacle, speechless.
What I feel is not pride. It is not euphoria. It is not relief, exactly. The best way I can describe it is a deep-seated gratitude springing up from the profound knowledge that I would not have set one foot up this mountain—would not have kept climbing these 843 days—were it not for my Shepherd.
It was His voice that spoke slowly yet unmistakably, “Write this.” It was His voice that whispered, “I am here” in the moments I would have given up. It was His voice that kept silent when He knew silence was the one thing that would drive me helpless to my knees again.
I received an email from Mike Sloane of NCC Publishing (my publishers!) this weekend. It began: “Hey Jeanelle, praise God, the moment you have been waiting for is here! I have ‘pushed the buttons’ for all the distribution channels, and your book is officially Published!” He went on to explain what that means and what we need to do next. (At the bottom of this post you can read all about that, and how you can help.)
From whom all blessings flow
With that one email, doxology began sounding from my heart. “Praise God” indeed for the blessings of:
- publishers whose excellent work is infused with humility and hopefulness
- family and friends who, with every single step, prayed, prodded, and propped me up
- encouraging encounters with well-known authors and publishers that showed me I wasn’t pursuing a pipe dream
- the opportunity to strengthen worship leaders at a couple of worship conference workshops and remember that this is what led me to write in the first place
- words when my thoughts stalled; creativity when my well ran dry
- the ability to worship rather than wallow in setbacks
- mercy from my Shepherd in those times I wallowed anyway
As I’ve shared with you before, my one prayer all along has been: “Lord, may this book encourage worship leaders and teams to persevere with a good heart so that their churches will be blessed as a result.” Now is the time for that to finally happen! I firmly believe that God will get this book into the hands of every person He wants to read it. Maybe you will be part of His plan for accomplishing that? Here are a few things you can do, if He leads you:
- that God will bring about abundant fruit from this book
- that the Worship Leader Magazine review coming up in the July/August issue will catch a lot of people’s eyes
- that I will stay open-handed and trust God completely for whatever results He will bring
- Buy the book, for yourself and as many other people God leads you to buy it for:
- Directly from NCC Publishing at https://www.createspace.com/4592233. Be sure to type the coupon code PCNRVUFT and save 20%. (Click “Add to Cart,” type in PCNRVUFT for the discount code; click “Apply Discount”.)
- Amazon.com (print version and Kindle e-version)
- Barnesandnoble.com (Nook e-version)
- iTunes.com bookstore (i-Book version)
- Kobobooks.com (e-version)
- “Talk it up” to others (especially worship leaders and team members—it would be a great resource for whole teams to go through together. (See Book to learn more about it.)
- Give an honest review of the book. This is super important–-it’s the fastest way for the book to “gain traction.” I am hopeful that God will lead many of you to do this.
- You can post reviews under my book title on Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, iTunes.com, Kobobooks.com, and Goodreads.com
And finally, please join me in praising our Shepherd for His faithfulness—to me, and to you. I love Him so much. Don’t you?